- August is the eighth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars and one of seven months with a length of 31 days.
- In the Southern Hemisphere, August is the seasonal equivalent of February in the Northern Hemisphere.
- In common years no other month starts on the same day of the week as August, though in leap years February starts on the same day.
- This month was originally named Sextilis in Latin, because it was the sixth month in the original ten-month Roman calendar under Romulus in 753 BC, when March was the first month of the year.
- In the neopagan wheel of the year August begins at or near Lughnasadh (also known as Lammas) in the northern hemisphere and Imbolc (also known as Candlemas) in the southern hemisphere.
- Edinburgh Festival is an internationally famous arts festival that takes place during August National Immunization Awareness Month 15 August as Indian Independence Day since independence on 15 August 1947.
- The zodiac signs in August are Leo (astrology) and Virgo (astrology).
Type and hit enter